Happy National Iced Tea Day!

June 10th is National Iced Tea Day, what better way to celebrate than by brewing up some iced tea. Making iced tea at home is easy, and there are so many flavours to choose from!

How to Brew the Best Cup of Iced Tea:

  1. Place 2 g of tea or 1 tea bag per 8 oz of water in pitcher
  2. Steep for appropriate time (based on tea type)
  3. Add ice
  4. For extra flavour add your favourite fruit, such as lemon, lime, orange or even peaches
  5. Pour a glass and enjoy!

ice-tea-2250366_1920

On hot summer days what’s more refreshing than grabbing a cool drink? Enjoy hydrating with iced tea! Staying hydrated is especially important in hot weather or when you are active. Since tea is 99.5 % water, it can count towards your fluid intake for the day – plus it tastes great!

Your body is made up of nearly two-thirds water so it is really important that you get enough fluids throughout the day to stay hydrated. Remember ‘fluid’ includes water and additional drinks that give you water such as tea, herbal tea and other beverages. You also get water from the foods you eat. On average most people get about 80% of their fluid intake from drinking water and other beverages, and the other 20% from foods.

SHARE:

Event and Course Calendar

find a tea retailer button

hire a tea sommelier

Tea for your health subscription button

Subscribe to the Tea Association of Canada's Tea Sommelier program updates

North American Tea Conference 2018