TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ Program Introduction
What is a TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠?
A TEA SOMMELIER is a trained and knowledgeable tea professional who has successfully completed the eight modules in the TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ course at a college or online, and passed the Tea Association of Canada certification examination.
He or she will then be well versed on all aspects of tea as it affects the consumer:
- Have a thorough understanding of tea and its history, processing methods and preparation.
- Be able to interact easily with anyone on the subject of tea and make recommendations based on their needs in an approachable and easy manner.
- Have the ability to design a comprehensive tea menu for retail or any food service environment.
- Understand and apply the principals behind tea and food pairings.
- Understand and articulate the tasting notes associated with different teas.
Where Can I Take TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠Courses?
At a college: Tea Association of Canada currently offers the TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ course at various colleges and we are in the process of expanding our reach to all regions of Canada.
Online education: all eight of the TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ education modules will soon be available to all students through our online course program.
The course is approximately 150 hours for all eight modules. Students must complete all courses to be eligible for the certification examination. Tea Association of Canada is the only certificating body to allocate this designation.
Course dates: Check out our upcoming college and online course dates on the TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ Course Schedule page.
How do I become a certified TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠
To become a certified TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ all courses must be completed with passing grades and students must pass an in-person certification examination with a score of 75% or higher.