Become a Member
There are different levels of membership detailed below:
- Producing Country – The government of any tea producing country or duly designated agency thereof which supplies at least five percent (5%) of the total amount of tea imported by Canada shall be eligible to be a Government member of the Association.
- Packer – Any person, partnership or corporation selling or importing tea in Canada (engaged in the blending, packaging, and/or finished goods of tea), shall be eligible for Packer membership in the Association.
- Importer – Any person, partnership or corporation doing business in Canada, and engaged as an importer or broker of the bulk commodity tea, shall be eligible for Importer membership in the Association.
- Retailer – Any retail organization selling tea in Canada shall be eligible for this Category of membership.
- Allied Trade – Any person, partnership or corporation doing business in Canada and engaged in any business allied or associated with the tea trade shall be eligible for this category of membership in the association.
- TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ – For persons who have completed the TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ program and have received their certificate of completion and agreed to the code of conduct.
- Provisional – Firms or individuals evaluating starting a tea business but not currently engaged in the tea business. Membership eligibility in this category is limited to first year only.
2016-2017 Fee Schedule (PDF)
Membership Form (PDF)
To become a member of the Tea and Herbal Association of Canada, please submit a Membership Form along with payment and someone from our office will contact you shortly, or call (416) 510-8647 Ext #2 and ask for Adi Baker.